Media and Minorities
The project includes regular research, advocacy and training activities aimed at improving access to the media for minority communities in Slovenia and at improving media performance and professional ethics in reporting about minorities.
- 6 April 2011: national round round table in Ljubljana on integration of minority communities in the public service broadcasting RTV Slovenia, with participants representing RTV Slovenia, minority communities, the government, the parliament and the research organizations (project MEM).
- 27 – 28 May 2011: Participation of 7 Slovenian journalists and minority activists in the European conference “Tuning Into Diversity”, held in The Hague as a final event of the project MEM, gathering several hundred participants from Europe and USA to discuss the potential for better use of the media for social inclusion of minority communities.
- 30 November – 1 December 2011: Participation in the Intercultural Practice Exchange – Case Study Slovenia: introduction and moderation of a panel on the use of media for Roma inclusion in Slovenia, held in Ljubljana, organised by the Platform for Intercultural Europe.
- February to May 2012: conducting 6 workshops for activists from the Bosnian, Croatian, Montenegrian, Macedonian and Serbian community on developing andmaintaining joint web information portal (within the project run by the Bosnian community).
- 26-27 March 2012: participation in the regional symposium “Combating Hate Speech in Europe” within the Center for Media Pluralism and Media Freedom at the European University Institute in Florence.
- Bosnian Cultural Association in Slovenia
- Union of the Associations and Societies of the Nations of the Former Yugoslavia in Slovenia
- Roma Association in Slovenia