Networking and International Cooperation in the Field of Media Research, Advocacy and Training
Participation in regional and international networks in the media field and building partnership with relevant organizations abroad with a purpose to incorporate our work in regional and international initiatives on media freedom and accountability, and freedom of information.
- 9 – 13 May 2011: hosting a study visit of representatives of the Press Institute from Ulan Bator, Mongolia, to Ljubljana and Koper to learn about media research and advocacy.
- 25 June 2011: participation in the Statewatch European conference on civil liberties, the state and the EU.
- 6 July 2011: conducting the workshop on critical discourse analysis together with the trainer of the Media Diversity Institute for the Macedonian Institute for Media/High School for Journalism and Communications in Skopje.
- 17 – 20 September 2011: participation in the SEENPM meeting in Bucharest with the OSF Media Program to develop strategy for further actions of the network and for cooperation with the OSI MP.
- 21 November 2011: organisation of the lecture on journalism in digital era in Ljubljana in cooperation with the Guardian Foundation.
- Six Questions Campaign’s results published in October 2011 based on the research done in 2010 within the informal network of organizations working in the field of freedom of information and state budget transparency (our institute has been a part of the initiative), available at http://www.access-info.org/es/transparencia-presupuestaria/200-6-question-campaign.
- 2012: Interim report on media freedom in South East Europe, produced in November 2012 by the network SEENPM, edited by Aidan White, including a chapter on Slovenia. Articles on media and civil society written for Media Center Sarajevo web site (MC Online), aimed at regional audience. A handbook on media and discrimination, published by Media Center Sarajevo in partnership with our institute.
- SEENPM network
- Macedonian Institute for Media
- Media Center Sarajevo
- Network Online/More Colour in the Media with its leader Mira Media from Utrecht
- Guardian Foundation
- Mongolian Press Institue
- Statewatch, Panos London
- Open Society Foundations Media Program
- Open Society Institute East East Partnership Beyond Borders Program