Jasna Babić, MA
Jasna Babič obtained her MA in sociological studies at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. She graduated in 2003 from the Faculty of Social Sciences. Her dissertation was awarded by faculty Prešernova nagrada (The Prešeren Prize).
Jasna started at the Peace Institute as an assistant at the Center for culture politics and civil society. Two years later she took over PI archive, PI publishing and editing of PI web page. In the years 2008 – 2012 she worked as project assistant at East East Program: Partnership Beyond Borders. She is also actively involved with several research projects and with the organization of PI public events.
Since 1998 she spends most of her spare time in AKC Metelkova mesto, specially in Klub Gromka. Jasna is a co-author (together with Dunja Danial ) of the documentary film Rejects of second generation – Following the traces of punk (2016) which was awarded with the Noisy Cat for best music documentary at the Grossmann Fantastic Film and Wine festival. She is also the author of the book In the whirlwind of subcultures, published by publishing house Sophia (2016).
- Babić, Jasna (2017): Punk in revolt: “Bodi del scene, ne scenografije” (2.del), SIGIC, Odzven.
- Babić, Jasna (2017): Punk in revolt: »Raj mam ul’co, k pa da sm lutka.« (1. del), SIGIC, Odzven.
- Babić, Jasna (2016): V vrtincu subkultur, Ljubljana: Založba Sophia.
- Babić, Jasna (2015): Metelkova mon amour: Reflections on the (Non-)Culture of Squatting, v Making Room: Cultural Production in Occupied Spaces, ur. Alan W. Moore and Alan Smart, Journal of Aesthetics & Protest and Other Forms, p. 298-312
- Babić, Jasna (2015): Premislek ob 22. obletnici Metelkove, Torek ob petih.
- Babić, Jasna (2013): Metelkova mon amour: Razmislek o (ne)kulturi skvotiranja, ČKZ, letnik XL, no. 253, p. 12-20.
- Babič, Jasna (2011): Spet se rola – Vrnitev »urbanih« glasbenih oddaj na TV
Slovenija, Medijska preža, št. 39.
- Babič, Jasna (2010): Bluz slovenskih glasbenikov, Medijska preža, št. 38.
- Babič, Jasna (2009): Slovenske glasbene revije, Medijska preža, št. 36.
- Babič, Jasna (2006): Kultura kamere: video kot del političnega aktivizma, ČKZ, XXXIV, No. 226, pp.151-161, Ljubljana: Študentska založba.
- Babič, Jasna, Petkovič, Brankica, coordination of translation and editing in slovene language (2005): Televizija po Evropi. Regulacija, politika in neodvisnost, EUN Monitoring and Advocacy program, OSI.
- Babič, Jasna (2004): Skvotiranje, Balcanis, year 5, No.12-16, pp. 80-83.
- Babič, Jasna, Zonta, Matej, ed. (2003): Dosje Molotov, Zvezki I.-VI., Ljubljana: Projektna skupina za pripravo Dosjeja (Peace institute).
Whole bibliography at Cobiss under name Jasna Babič.
Play It for Change – raising awareness and empowerment of girls and boys for the prevention of gender based violence through audio – visual media and music (PfC)
We will collect the evidence on the impact of gender stereotypes in the audiovisual media and music on youth’s attitudes and behaviors.
- Play It for Change – raising awareness and empowerment of girls and boys for the prevention of gender based violence through audio – visual media and music (PfC)
- Developing an EU Training Module for the Victims’ Directive
- Responding to Hate Speech – Activation of an Independent Conjunctive Body (ACT)
- Gender and the Media
- Knowledge Pays (Off): With Education and (Economic) Empowerment of Women Towards Gender Equality in Rwanda
- Migration to the Centre
- South East European Media Observatory: Building Capacities and Coalitions for Monitoring Media Integrity and Advancing Media Reforms (Phase 2)
- Comparing Media Reforms
- Transcontinental Cooperation in Addressing Labour Conditions and Labour Relations in the Times of Economic Crisis and Social Reforms
- Homophobia in Schools in Eastern Europe
- Changing Social Organization of Care and its Implications for Social Politics
- LGBT – Families: The New Minority?
- A Long Way Home – Media and Political Discourses on the EU Integration of the »Western Balkans«
- Developing Media Criticism Capacity in Mongolia
- PRIMTS – Prospects for Integration of Migrants from »Third Countries« and their Labour Market Situations: Towards Policies and Action
- Migrant labour: Contested integration, prospects for citizenship
- Policies and Practice of (Non)Inclusion of Roma in Urban Areas
- 16 Years Later: Political and Legal Aspects of Erasure in Slovenia
- Living on a Border: Migration of Subversions – Western Balkan and Turkey
- FeMiPol: Integration of Female Immigrants in Labour Market and Society: Policy Assessment and Policy Recommendations
- Alternative Media and New Public Settings
- Reading Cultures in the Newly Established Publishing Conditions: Empirical Findings, Analysis of Situation, and Proposals for the Develpoment of Publishing Policies