Živa Humer, PhD
If we want to change the existing inequalities between genders, gender equality must include all, women and men, by addressing different needs and specific situations of individuals.
– Živa Humer on gender equality
Živa Humer, born 1977 in Ljubljana, graduated in 2002 at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana. Her thesis was awarded the Student’s Prešeren’s Acknowledgment. In 2004 she attained her MA at the Central European University in Budapest, Gender Studies program. The same year she continued with her PhD studies at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana, and in October 2009 she defended her PhD thesis Ethics of care, gender and family: the processes of the relocation of care between public and private spheres. The central points of attention are the processes of relocation of care and care practices within family life, between genders and within private and public spheres, with a strong emphasis on childcare and domestic work.
She has been engaged in various projects at the Peace Institute since her undergraduate studies, from 1996 onward. Since then she has been involved in various national and international projects, mainly in the field of gender studies, gender equality politics and social politics.
- Hrženjak, Majda, Humer, Živa. Družbena delitev skrbstvenega dela: preizkusni kamen socialne pravičnosti in politik enakosti spolov. V: Tašner, Veronika (ur.), Lesar, Irena (ur.), Antić, Milica G. (ur.), Hlebec, Valentina (ur.), Pušnik, Mojca (ur.). Brez spopada : kultur, spolov, generacij. V Ljubljani: Pedagoška fakulteta, 2009, str. 179-191.
- Rener, Tanja, Humer, Živa, Žakelj, Tjaša, Vezovnik, Andreja, Švab, Alenka. Novo očetovstvo v Sloveniji, (Knjižna zbirka Psihologija vsakdanjega življenja). Ljubljana: Fakulteta za družbene vede, cop. 2008. 240 str., ilustr., zvd. ISBN 978-961-235-339-1. [COBISS.SI-ID 241659904]
- Humer, Živa. Skrbstvene aktivnosti moških v družinskem življenju. Družbosl. razpr. (Tisk. izd.). [Tiskana izd.], dec. 2007, letn. 23, št. 56, str. 75-89. [COBISS.SI-ID 26989917]
- Humer, Živa. Novi očetje med skrbstvenim in domačim delom. Teor. praksa, jan.-apr. 2007, letn. 44, št. 1/2, str. 159-172. [COBISS.SI-ID 26125405]
- Humer, Živa. Europeanization and the equal opportunities policy in Slovenia. V: FÁBIÁN, Katalin (ur.). Globalization : perspectives from Central and Eastern Europe, (Contemporary studies in economic and financial analysis, 89). Amsterdam (etc.): Elsevier, 2007, str. 305-326. [COBISS.SI-ID 583021]
- Hrženjak Majda, Humer, Živa, Kuhar, Roman. Fostering caring masculinities: Slovenian National Report. Ljubljana: Mirovni inštitut, 2006.
- Humer, Živa. Tracing the Act on equal opportunities for women and men – the case of Slovenia. V: Sevenhuijsen, Selma (ur.), Švab, Alenka (ur.). The Heart of the matter: the contribution of the ethic of care to social policy in some new EU member states. Ljubljana: Mirovni inštitut, 2004, str. 123-146.
- Humer, Živa. Care, justice and equality. An ethic of care and the Act on equal opportunities for women and men (the case of Slovenia) : M.A. Thesis. Budapest, 2004.
- Humer, Živa, Sušnik, Mojca. Politika enakih možnosti žensk in moških brez medijske pozornosti. Medijska preža, nov. 2004, št. 20-21, str. 47-48.
Whole bibliography (Cobiss)
The project focuses on fathers in precarious forms of employment and fathers at managerial positions at the point of work-life balance, and addresses employers with implementation of ‘fathers-friendly’ measures...
- Play It for Change – raising awareness and empowerment of girls and boys for the prevention of gender based violence through audio – visual media and music (PfC)
- European Minimum Income Network 2 (EMIN2)
- Boys in Care – Strengthening boys to pursue care occupations (BiC)
- Masculinities, equality, care practices – MESP
- The Winning Jumps of Some Employed Fathers
- Mediatisation of Public Life: Controversies in the Sphere of Politics and Everyday Life
- Fathers and Employers in Action – ODA
- Care Work Between Individualization, Globalization and Socialization
- Promote Equal Pay to Diminish Pension Gap, Poverty and Social Exclusion
- Gender and the Media
- E-Engagement Against Violence
- Austerity Measures and Gender Equality
- Gender Structure of the Contemporary Slovene Society and Gender Positioning in the Field of Politics
- Citizens in Diversity: A Four-Nation Study on Homophobia and Fundamental Rights
- SIAPREM – Support for Intersectional Approach in Antidiscrimination Programs for Roma, Migrants and Elderly
- Changing Social Organization of Care and its Implications for Social Politics
- IGIV-Implementation Guidelines for Intersectional Violence Preventive Work
- Citizens in Diversity
- STAMINA – Formation of Non-Violent Behaviour in School and Leisure Time Among Young Adults from Violent Families
- Informal Reproductive Work: Trends in Slovenia and EU
- PeerThink – Promotion of Intersectional Approach in Education Against Peer Violence
- PRIME – Anti-Discrimination Training for Media and Equality
- GemTrEx – Professionalizing Gender Trainers & Experts in Adult Education
- FOCUS – Fostering Caring Masculinities
- Evaluation of the Implementation of the Resolution on the National Programme for Equal Opportunities for Women and Men, 2005-2013
- Development Partnership SIPA – System of Domestic Help (EQUAL)
- Gender Meets Reality: Exchange of Experiences, Methods and Strategies for Gender Mainstreaming and Gender Trainings in Different Policy Fields
The monograph tackles problematic relations between the labour market and fatherhood.