Call for Junior Research fellowship
The Peace Institute in Ljubljana, Slovenia, is looking for a Junior Research fellow (a full time PhD research position in Ljubljana). The selected young researcher (social sciences or humanities) will have a range of responsibilities in relation to the implementation of a research project Violent intersections: dynamics of societal and political elements of collective violence and mass crimes and their consequences – Yugoslav and Rwandan case, and some other projects, including field- and organizational work, and will write her/his PhD thesis as a part of this project under the supervision of the mentor Prof. Vlasta Jalušič.
- university diploma in social, political sciences or humanities and an average grade in all exams at least 8,00 (the grading used in Slovenian universities; grade B is equivalent); or
- completed 2nd level of Bologna study program in social sciences and
- an average grade in all exams at least 8,00; or
- completed MSc degree in social sciences;
- age up to 28 years; if the candidate is already enrolled in the graduate study at the university without the support of the Slovenian Ministry or Agency for Science and Technology the age limit can be higher than 28 years – one year is added for each year of completed studies;
- fluent in spoken and written English and a good command of academic writing in English;
- Kinyarwanda language knowledge and other African languages from the Great Lakes region will be an advantage;
- already published academic articles or books will be an advantage.
Candidates with foreign university diploma must finish the process of recognition of their diplomas at Ljubljana University to be able to continue their PhD study in the winter semester of 2009.
Send full CV, motivation letter and one academic text by electronic mail to email@example.com within 15 days after the post is published.