- If we want to change the existing inequalities between genders, gender equality must include all, women and men, by addressing different needs and specific situations of individuals.Živa Humer on gender equality
- The state must provide redress for all victims of erasure, regardless of their status in Slovenia – they were all erased illegally and their rights were violated.Katarina Vučko on remedying the violations of human rights of the erased persons of Slovenia
- Neoliberalism sees economic growth and technological innovations as the only means of social progress. It overlooks that in last century important social innovations were inspired by civil society movements for equality like feminism, antiracism, fight for human rights, movements for the rights of gays and lesbians and people with disabilities.Majda Hrženjak on the progressiveness of equality
- The complex phenomena of nationalism and racism necessitate, alongside their historical, socio-economic and geopolitical characteristics, analysing also their intertwining and interdependence in the present.Veronika Bajt on contemporary nationalism and racism
- For Slovenia, it's important to ratify the 1961 UN Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness. After all, in the past Slovenia as part of Yugoslavia as well as after declaring independence in 1991 contributed to statelessness with its then normative citizenship framework.Neža Kogovšek Šalamon on statelessness
- In order to achieve a more even and equitable distribution of goods, capital, or food, development policies and strategies are not enough. It is necessary to ensure policy coherence in all areas that have any influence on the development field or the development of "developing countries".Maja Ladić on development policies
- Patriarchal power relations, victimisation and criminalisation is in prostitution maintained by the fact that prostitutes constitute a hidden social group and that legal policies are not based on their needs and interests.Iztok Šori on prostitution
- Politics of emancipation exists only in the processes of proclaiming, declaring and performing that appear as active thought-practice which is at the same time and without mediation stated and implemented by its protagonist activist, militant and is a result of a universal thought, where all differences disintegrate or become completely irrelevant.Lana Zdravković on politics of emancipation
- The research work today is far from being dedicated to the issue of truth, it rather became an autopoietic function – of research itself.Vlasta Jalušić at the Round table of Free university about academic (in)equalityvideo
- Opposite sex couples may marry on Saturdays in Ljubljana Castle, while same-sex couples may register on a weekday in some office in Mačkova street. This resembles the American racist policy which kept the whites in the front and the black in the back of the bus.Roman Kuhar on discrimination
- 1. 4. 2020
The civil initiatives would like to bring to attention the alarming steps taken by the government of Slovenia in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 31. 3. 2020
The Peace Institute newsletter is published every three months in Slovene and English. It contains news about the activities so far and the response to the current socio-political situation.
- 25. 3. 2020
Peace Institute and other co-founders of SEENPM celebrate 20th anniversary of this regional network of media institutes and media centers in South East Europe.
The research programme addresses the position of the concepts of human rights, equality, diversity and non-discrimination that found themselves at a historical crossroads.
Study on sustainability of professional journalism in media business environment in the Western Balkans
The study, developed for the TACSO 3 project, aims at providing the assessment of the media landscape in six Western Balkan countries from an economic perspective.
This project uses Hannah Arendt’s thesis of the “break of tradition” and the consequences of this break for political theory.
Public statements | 26/10/2018
Dr. Iztok Šori Appointed as Director of the Peace Institute (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
The Peace Institute, a private non-profit research institute based in Ljubljana, has a new director: Dr. Iztok Šori took over the leadership from Dr. Neža Kogovšek Šalamon.
The book 'Dimensions of Care Work' reflects on the concept of care, its social conditions and consequences in an integral and complex manner.
New book about the role of the Web for right-wing populist political parties and movements across Europe edited by Mojca Pajnik and Birgit Sauer (Routledge).
The monograph tackles problematic relations between the labour market and fatherhood.
The collection of 24 stories of men in Slovenia and Norway sharing dilemmas, conflicts, thoughts and feelings on their role of fathers.
The goal is to present facts, explain changes in state policies and procedures used to “process” the refugees, and to analyse state, media and the general public’s responses.
The White Paper, a document in five languages, contains an overview of all relevant fields of the EU law important for free movement of rainbow families.