- Politics of emancipation exists only in the processes of proclaiming, declaring and performing that appear as active thought-practice which is at the same time and without mediation stated and implemented by its protagonist activist, militant and is a result of a universal thought, where all differences disintegrate or become completely irrelevant.Lana Zdravković on politics of emancipation
- The complex phenomena of nationalism and racism necessitate, alongside their historical, socio-economic and geopolitical characteristics, analysing also their intertwining and interdependence in the present.Veronika Bajt on contemporary nationalism and racism
- Patriarchal power relations, victimisation and criminalisation is in prostitution maintained by the fact that prostitutes constitute a hidden social group and that legal policies are not based on their needs and interests.Iztok Šori on prostitution
- Neoliberalism sees economic growth and technological innovations as the only means of social progress. It overlooks that in last century important social innovations were inspired by civil society movements for equality like feminism, antiracism, fight for human rights, movements for the rights of gays and lesbians and people with disabilities.Majda Hrženjak on the progressiveness of equality
- The reasons for the expansion of anti-political and anti-media sentiment can be explained by the reflection of "post-democracy", the current situation in which democratic structures are becoming more and more empty, when classic party politics is transformed into a spectacle, and when the argumentative debate leading to rational decisions on matters of public relevance is replaced with one-line tweets.Mojca Pajnik, Mladina
- Opposite sex couples may marry on Saturdays in Ljubljana Castle, while same-sex couples may register on a weekday in some office in Mačkova street. This resembles the American racist policy which kept the whites in the front and the black in the back of the bus.Roman Kuhar on discrimination
- The research work today is far from being dedicated to the issue of truth, it rather became an autopoietic function – of research itself.Vlasta Jalušić at the Round table of Free university about academic (in)equalityvideo
- For Slovenia, it's important to ratify the 1961 UN Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness. After all, in the past Slovenia as part of Yugoslavia as well as after declaring independence in 1991 contributed to statelessness with its then normative citizenship framework.Neža Kogovšek Šalamon on statelessness
- In order to achieve a more even and equitable distribution of goods, capital, or food, development policies and strategies are not enough. It is necessary to ensure policy coherence in all areas that have any influence on the development field or the development of "developing countries".Maja Ladić on development policies
- If we want to change the existing inequalities between genders, gender equality must include all, women and men, by addressing different needs and specific situations of individuals.Živa Humer on gender equality
- 28. 7. 2020
Conclusions from the international colloquium of the CISUR project – Enhancing Judicial Cooperation on the Implementation of the Succession Regulation in Croatia and Slovenia
The main purpose was to bring together representatives of all actors involved in the application of the Succession Regulation in both EU Member States.
- 17. 7. 2020
Second National Report on Slovenia on the implementation of integration policy towards beneficiaries of international protection
Challenges: education, access to housing and employment.
- 15. 7. 2020
EU countries moving too slow to fill the gaps in their refugee integration policies, new study shows
Only piecemeal progress was made towards high standards in refugee integration across Europe.
The project aims to investigate the level of participation of persons with disabilities in the criminal justice proceedings.
The research programme addresses the position of the concepts of human rights, equality, diversity and non-discrimination that found themselves at a historical crossroads.
Public statements | 26/10/2018
Dr. Iztok Šori Appointed as Director of the Peace Institute (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
The Peace Institute, a private non-profit research institute based in Ljubljana, has a new director: Dr. Iztok Šori took over the leadership from Dr. Neža Kogovšek Šalamon.
The book 'Dimensions of Care Work' reflects on the concept of care, its social conditions and consequences in an integral and complex manner.
New book about the role of the Web for right-wing populist political parties and movements across Europe edited by Mojca Pajnik and Birgit Sauer (Routledge).
The monograph tackles problematic relations between the labour market and fatherhood.
The collection of 24 stories of men in Slovenia and Norway sharing dilemmas, conflicts, thoughts and feelings on their role of fathers.
The goal is to present facts, explain changes in state policies and procedures used to “process” the refugees, and to analyse state, media and the general public’s responses.
The White Paper, a document in five languages, contains an overview of all relevant fields of the EU law important for free movement of rainbow families.