- The research work today is far from being dedicated to the issue of truth, it rather became an autopoietic function – of research itself.Vlasta Jalušić at the Round table of Free university about academic (in)equalityvideo
- In order to achieve a more even and equitable distribution of goods, capital, or food, development policies and strategies are not enough. It is necessary to ensure policy coherence in all areas that have any influence on the development field or the development of "developing countries".Maja Ladić on development policies
- The state must provide redress for all victims of erasure, regardless of their status in Slovenia – they were all erased illegally and their rights were violated.Katarina Vučko on remedying the violations of human rights of the erased persons of Slovenia
- Politics of emancipation exists only in the processes of proclaiming, declaring and performing that appear as active thought-practice which is at the same time and without mediation stated and implemented by its protagonist activist, militant and is a result of a universal thought, where all differences disintegrate or become completely irrelevant.Lana Zdravković on politics of emancipation
- The reasons for the expansion of anti-political and anti-media sentiment can be explained by the reflection of "post-democracy", the current situation in which democratic structures are becoming more and more empty, when classic party politics is transformed into a spectacle, and when the argumentative debate leading to rational decisions on matters of public relevance is replaced with one-line tweets.Mojca Pajnik, Mladina
- Patriarchal power relations, victimisation and criminalisation is in prostitution maintained by the fact that prostitutes constitute a hidden social group and that legal policies are not based on their needs and interests.Iztok Šori on prostitution
- For Slovenia, it's important to ratify the 1961 UN Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness. After all, in the past Slovenia as part of Yugoslavia as well as after declaring independence in 1991 contributed to statelessness with its then normative citizenship framework.Neža Kogovšek Šalamon on statelessness
- The complex phenomena of nationalism and racism necessitate, alongside their historical, socio-economic and geopolitical characteristics, analysing also their intertwining and interdependence in the present.Veronika Bajt on contemporary nationalism and racism
- If we want to change the existing inequalities between genders, gender equality must include all, women and men, by addressing different needs and specific situations of individuals.Živa Humer on gender equality
- Neoliberalism sees economic growth and technological innovations as the only means of social progress. It overlooks that in last century important social innovations were inspired by civil society movements for equality like feminism, antiracism, fight for human rights, movements for the rights of gays and lesbians and people with disabilities.Majda Hrženjak on the progressiveness of equality
- 20. 8. 2019
The film offers a concise view of cultural encounters and tensions in interventions and policies against violence and highlights the fundamental emphasis: the right to be safe from violence.
- 4. 7. 2019
"From the most obvious case of the Trump presidency in the US and the success of right-wing populist parties in Europe to the election successes of right-wing extremists and...
- 4. 7. 2019
Europe is far from providing a level playing field for refugees to achieve a better life.
The European project MiC aims to improve organizational conditions for men taking caring roles.
Project is dedicated to improved implementation of the Directive 2012/29/EU establishing minimum standards on the rights, support and protection of victims of crime (Victims' Directive).
The project aims to strengthen the capacities of journalists in Slovenia for efficient response and gaining public support.
CISUR – Enhancing Judicial Cooperation on the Implementation of the Succession Regulation in Croatia and Slovenia
The main goal of the project is to assess the extent to which Croatia and Slovenia have successfully implemented the Regulation and the national implementing legislation.
RefugeeAction III: mainstreaming inclusiveness of migrants in the society through their integration into labor market
Project’s goal is too contribute to a more open and just society in which refugees would feel welcome and accepted as equal.
This research investigates the nexus between political parties, media and populism with regard to the so-called “refugee crisis” (2015-2016 until today) in. Slovenia and Austria.
Public statements | 26/10/2018
Dr. Iztok Šori Appointed as Director of the Peace Institute (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
The Peace Institute, a private non-profit research institute based in Ljubljana, has a new director: Dr. Iztok Šori took over the leadership from Dr. Neža Kogovšek Šalamon.
The book 'Dimensions of Care Work' reflects on the concept of care, its social conditions and consequences in an integral and complex manner.
New book about the role of the Web for right-wing populist political parties and movements across Europe edited by Mojca Pajnik and Birgit Sauer (Routledge).
The monograph tackles problematic relations between the labour market and fatherhood.
The collection of 24 stories of men in Slovenia and Norway sharing dilemmas, conflicts, thoughts and feelings on their role of fathers.
The goal is to present facts, explain changes in state policies and procedures used to “process” the refugees, and to analyse state, media and the general public’s responses.
The White Paper, a document in five languages, contains an overview of all relevant fields of the EU law important for free movement of rainbow families.