- If we want to change the existing inequalities between genders, gender equality must include all, women and men, by addressing different needs and specific situations of individuals.Živa Humer on gender equality
- The state must provide redress for all victims of erasure, regardless of their status in Slovenia – they were all erased illegally and their rights were violated.Katarina Vučko on remedying the violations of human rights of the erased persons of Slovenia
- Opposite sex couples may marry on Saturdays in Ljubljana Castle, while same-sex couples may register on a weekday in some office in Mačkova street. This resembles the American racist policy which kept the whites in the front and the black in the back of the bus.Roman Kuhar on discrimination
- The research work today is far from being dedicated to the issue of truth, it rather became an autopoietic function – of research itself.Vlasta Jalušić at the Round table of Free university about academic (in)equalityvideo
- Neoliberalism sees economic growth and technological innovations as the only means of social progress. It overlooks that in last century important social innovations were inspired by civil society movements for equality like feminism, antiracism, fight for human rights, movements for the rights of gays and lesbians and people with disabilities.Majda Hrženjak on the progressiveness of equality
- In order to achieve a more even and equitable distribution of goods, capital, or food, development policies and strategies are not enough. It is necessary to ensure policy coherence in all areas that have any influence on the development field or the development of "developing countries".Maja Ladić on development policies
- The reasons for the expansion of anti-political and anti-media sentiment can be explained by the reflection of "post-democracy", the current situation in which democratic structures are becoming more and more empty, when classic party politics is transformed into a spectacle, and when the argumentative debate leading to rational decisions on matters of public relevance is replaced with one-line tweets.Mojca Pajnik, Mladina
- Politics of emancipation exists only in the processes of proclaiming, declaring and performing that appear as active thought-practice which is at the same time and without mediation stated and implemented by its protagonist activist, militant and is a result of a universal thought, where all differences disintegrate or become completely irrelevant.Lana Zdravković on politics of emancipation
- Patriarchal power relations, victimisation and criminalisation is in prostitution maintained by the fact that prostitutes constitute a hidden social group and that legal policies are not based on their needs and interests.Iztok Šori on prostitution
- For Slovenia, it's important to ratify the 1961 UN Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness. After all, in the past Slovenia as part of Yugoslavia as well as after declaring independence in 1991 contributed to statelessness with its then normative citizenship framework.Neža Kogovšek Šalamon on statelessness
- 19. 4. 2018
Carolin Schiller, Erasmus Intern, wrote a paper about the so called »refugee crisis« starting 2015 and the German attitude towards refugees.
- 19. 4. 2018
Transnationalisms is the title of the exhibition and the conference curated by James Bridle in production of Aksioma, Institute for Contemporary Art, opening on Tuesday, April 24.
- 9. 4. 2018
In the book 'Assessing Prostitution Policies in Europe' Iztok Šori and Mojca Pajnik published a chapter on policies and practices in the field of prostitution in Slovenia.
Media for Citizens, Citizens for Media – Building capacities of CSOs to advance Media and Information Literacy in Western Balkans
The project aims at strengthening the role of civil society in advocating for advancement of Media and Information Literacy (MIL) policies and practices in the Western Balkan countries.
RESPECT – Advancing respect for ethical standards by media and respect for ethical media by citizens
Project aims to reinforce the Code of Ethics in the media in Montenegro and to increase the role of citizens in advancing ethical journalism.
To increase literacy and economic independence of vulnerable groups of women/girls in selected four local environments in Rwanda and to contribute to reduction of differences between women and men.
Public statements | 10/04/2017
Support letter for Central European University
We wish to express concern regarding Bill T/14686 amending Act CCIV of 2011 on national higher education accepted by the Hungarian Parliament on April 4, 2017. The Bill renders CEU’s continued operations in Budapest virtually impossible and strikes a severe blow against the academic freedom that enables all universities, including those in Hungary, to flourish.
The monograph tackles problematic relations between the labour market and fatherhood.
The collection of 24 stories of men in Slovenia and Norway sharing dilemmas, conflicts, thoughts and feelings on their role of fathers.
The goal is to present facts, explain changes in state policies and procedures used to “process” the refugees, and to analyse state, media and the general public’s responses.
The White Paper, a document in five languages, contains an overview of all relevant fields of the EU law important for free movement of rainbow families.
Public service values in media and journalism are endangered and therefore need to be monitored and protected.
The author presents the critical views of women themselves, thereby unveiling the critical potential of plural life in Turkey.