- The state must provide redress for all victims of erasure, regardless of their status in Slovenia – they were all erased illegally and their rights were violated.Katarina Vučko on remedying the violations of human rights of the erased persons of Slovenia
- The complex phenomena of nationalism and racism necessitate, alongside their historical, socio-economic and geopolitical characteristics, analysing also their intertwining and interdependence in the present.Veronika Bajt on contemporary nationalism and racism
- Patriarchal power relations, victimisation and criminalisation is in prostitution maintained by the fact that prostitutes constitute a hidden social group and that legal policies are not based on their needs and interests.Iztok Šori on prostitution
- In the political arena citizenship education is often reduced to homeland education. The competence to judge political matters is reduced to stressing the Slovene ethnogenesis, which is a very problematic reduction of the idea of citizenship.Mojca Pajnik, MMC RTV SLO
- In order to achieve a more even and equitable distribution of goods, capital, or food, development policies and strategies are not enough. It is necessary to ensure policy coherence in all areas that have any influence on the development field or the development of "developing countries".Maja Ladić on development policies
- If we want to change the existing inequalities between genders, gender equality must include all, women and men, by addressing different needs and specific situations of individuals.Živa Humer on gender equality
- Politics of emancipation exists only in the processes of proclaiming, declaring and performing that appear as active thought-practice which is at the same time and without mediation stated and implemented by its protagonist activist, militant and is a result of a universal thought, where all differences disintegrate or become completely irrelevant.Lana Zdravković on politics of emancipation
- For Slovenia, it's important to ratify the 1961 UN Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness. After all, in the past Slovenia as part of Yugoslavia as well as after declaring independence in 1991 contributed to statelessness with its then normative citizenship framework.Neža Kogovšek Šalamon on statelessness
- Opposite sex couples may marry on Saturdays in Ljubljana Castle, while same-sex couples may register on a weekday in some office in Mačkova street. This resembles the American racist policy which kept the whites in the front and the black in the back of the bus.Roman Kuhar on discrimination
- The research work today is far from being dedicated to the issue of truth, it rather became an autopoietic function – of research itself.Vlasta Jalušić at the Round table of Free university about academic (in)equalityvideo
- 29. 8. 2017
The interns have gained experience in research in the area of human rights, among others they have learned about the problems of the Erased.
- 13. 7. 2017
Nineteen eminent Slovenian and foreign scholars discuss topical issues from the field of constitutional law.
- 12. 7. 2017
Nils Muižnieks, Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights, released a report following his visit to Slovenia earlier this year.
Supervising the monitoring of the EU Guidelines for media freedom and media integrity in enlargement countries in 2017 – Consultancy to the TACSO Regional office
Project aims at suppporting the TACSO Regional office in the Monitoring of the EU Guidelines on media freedom and media integrity in enlargement countries in 2017.
The identification and training to the judiciary and judicial staff on the needs of victims.
The core of the project is undertaking observational research with police and lawyers on the practical application of the procedural rights of suspects during police detention.
IMPAIR: Enhancing Procedural Rights of Persons with Intellectual and/or Psychiatric Impairments in Criminal Proceedings: Exploring the Need for Action
The awareness and capacities of professional stakeholders involved in criminal proceedings to understand the complex situation and barriers of these persons.
Public statements | 10/04/2017
Support letter for Central European University
We wish to express concern regarding Bill T/14686 amending Act CCIV of 2011 on national higher education accepted by the Hungarian Parliament on April 4, 2017. The Bill renders CEU’s continued operations in Budapest virtually impossible and strikes a severe blow against the academic freedom that enables all universities, including those in Hungary, to flourish.
The monograph tackles problematic relations between the labour market and fatherhood.
The collection of 24 stories of men in Slovenia and Norway sharing dilemmas, conflicts, thoughts and feelings on their role of fathers.
The goal is to present facts, explain changes in state policies and procedures used to “process” the refugees, and to analyse state, media and the general public’s responses.
The White Paper, a document in five languages, contains an overview of all relevant fields of the EU law important for free movement of rainbow families.
Public service values in media and journalism are endangered and therefore need to be monitored and protected.
The author presents the critical views of women themselves, thereby unveiling the critical potential of plural life in Turkey.