- If we want to change the existing inequalities between genders, gender equality must include all, women and men, by addressing different needs and specific situations of individuals.Živa Humer on gender equality
- In order to achieve a more even and equitable distribution of goods, capital, or food, development policies and strategies are not enough. It is necessary to ensure policy coherence in all areas that have any influence on the development field or the development of "developing countries".Maja Ladić on development policies
- The research work today is far from being dedicated to the issue of truth, it rather became an autopoietic function – of research itself.Vlasta Jalušić at the Round table of Free university about academic (in)equalityvideo
- Neoliberalism sees economic growth and technological innovations as the only means of social progress. It overlooks that in last century important social innovations were inspired by civil society movements for equality like feminism, antiracism, fight for human rights, movements for the rights of gays and lesbians and people with disabilities.Majda Hrženjak on the progressiveness of equality
- Opposite sex couples may marry on Saturdays in Ljubljana Castle, while same-sex couples may register on a weekday in some office in Mačkova street. This resembles the American racist policy which kept the whites in the front and the black in the back of the bus.Roman Kuhar on discrimination
- For Slovenia, it's important to ratify the 1961 UN Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness. After all, in the past Slovenia as part of Yugoslavia as well as after declaring independence in 1991 contributed to statelessness with its then normative citizenship framework.Neža Kogovšek Šalamon on statelessness
- In the political arena citizenship education is often reduced to homeland education. The competence to judge political matters is reduced to stressing the Slovene ethnogenesis, which is a very problematic reduction of the idea of citizenship.Mojca Pajnik, MMC RTV SLO
- The complex phenomena of nationalism and racism necessitate, alongside their historical, socio-economic and geopolitical characteristics, analysing also their intertwining and interdependence in the present.Veronika Bajt on contemporary nationalism and racism
- Patriarchal power relations, victimisation and criminalisation is in prostitution maintained by the fact that prostitutes constitute a hidden social group and that legal policies are not based on their needs and interests.Iztok Šori on prostitution
- The state must provide redress for all victims of erasure, regardless of their status in Slovenia – they were all erased illegally and their rights were violated.Katarina Vučko on remedying the violations of human rights of the erased persons of Slovenia
- 3. 2. 2017
Special thematic issue of LABO about paid domestic work in postsocialism.
- 3. 2. 2017
Comparative overview of funding and governing models of the public service media in nine countries of South East Europe.
- 2. 2. 2017
Making the Invisible Visible: Transforming Social Norms among Boys and Men for Gender Justice in Practice
Nordic MenEngage conference is focusing on social norms and practices that have a major impact on the lives of men, their families, and communities.
25th Anniversary of the Peace Institute
The Peace Institute originates from the new social movements that represented democratic, anti-nationalist and anti-racist political alternative in the former Yugoslavia in the 1980s. After twenty-five years of research and aspirations to equality, we would like to highlight the 25 diverse achievements in the numerous fields of our work.
The research is focused on eliciting experiences of sex workers, as the most important source of information in designing and implementing feasible and effective policies.
GEAR: Global Education and Active Response for the Protection of Human Rights, Inclusion and Democratic Values in Intercultural Societies
Intercultural understanding through cooperation of CSOs with formal education systems, teachers and students.
A promising new approach to the prevention of SH is targeting young people as bystanders, inviting them to notice and intervene in SH situations.
RefugeeAction II: Advocacy for inclusive asylum and migration policies, Integration of refugees, Education and Awareness-raising on migration causes for general public
To contribute to a more open and just society in which refugees would feel welcome and accepted as equal members of the society.
Understanding global issues and achievement of knowledge, skills and values that we as citizens of the world need to meet global challenges.
Public statements | 29/10/2015
The call to the Prime Minister of Slovenia Miro Cerar by NGOs
We are extremely concerned that in such a situation Slovenia will become responsible not only for violation of Article 3 of the ECHR, but also of Article 2, which safeguards the right to life.
The monograph tackles problematic relations between the labour market and fatherhood.
The collection of 24 stories of men in Slovenia and Norway sharing dilemmas, conflicts, thoughts and feelings on their role of fathers.
The goal is to present facts, explain changes in state policies and procedures used to “process” the refugees, and to analyse state, media and the general public’s responses.
The White Paper, a document in five languages, contains an overview of all relevant fields of the EU law important for free movement of rainbow families.
Public service values in media and journalism are endangered and therefore need to be monitored and protected.
The author presents the critical views of women themselves, thereby unveiling the critical potential of plural life in Turkey.