- Patriarchal power relations, victimisation and criminalisation is in prostitution maintained by the fact that prostitutes constitute a hidden social group and that legal policies are not based on their needs and interests.Iztok Šori on prostitution
- Opposite sex couples may marry on Saturdays in Ljubljana Castle, while same-sex couples may register on a weekday in some office in Mačkova street. This resembles the American racist policy which kept the whites in the front and the black in the back of the bus.Roman Kuhar on discrimination
- The state must provide redress for all victims of erasure, regardless of their status in Slovenia – they were all erased illegally and their rights were violated.Katarina Vučko on remedying the violations of human rights of the erased persons of Slovenia
- The research work today is far from being dedicated to the issue of truth, it rather became an autopoietic function – of research itself.Vlasta Jalušić at the Round table of Free university about academic (in)equalityvideo
- The complex phenomena of nationalism and racism necessitate, alongside their historical, socio-economic and geopolitical characteristics, analysing also their intertwining and interdependence in the present.Veronika Bajt on contemporary nationalism and racism
- Neoliberalism sees economic growth and technological innovations as the only means of social progress. It overlooks that in last century important social innovations were inspired by civil society movements for equality like feminism, antiracism, fight for human rights, movements for the rights of gays and lesbians and people with disabilities.Majda Hrženjak on the progressiveness of equality
- In the political arena citizenship education is often reduced to homeland education. The competence to judge political matters is reduced to stressing the Slovene ethnogenesis, which is a very problematic reduction of the idea of citizenship.Mojca Pajnik, MMC RTV SLO
- In order to achieve a more even and equitable distribution of goods, capital, or food, development policies and strategies are not enough. It is necessary to ensure policy coherence in all areas that have any influence on the development field or the development of "developing countries".Maja Ladić on development policies
- Politics of emancipation exists only in the processes of proclaiming, declaring and performing that appear as active thought-practice which is at the same time and without mediation stated and implemented by its protagonist activist, militant and is a result of a universal thought, where all differences disintegrate or become completely irrelevant.Lana Zdravković on politics of emancipation
- For Slovenia, it's important to ratify the 1961 UN Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness. After all, in the past Slovenia as part of Yugoslavia as well as after declaring independence in 1991 contributed to statelessness with its then normative citizenship framework.Neža Kogovšek Šalamon on statelessness
- 21. 1. 2016
FIve days (10.01.-15.01. 2016) field report.
- 14. 1. 2016
Abstracts or panel proposals of around 300 words with a short CV should be submitted no later than March 15, 2016.
- 20. 12. 2015
The study visit with the Norwegian partner organization Reform - Resource center for men was aimed at exchanging and sharing knowledge, experiences and practices in the field of reconciling...
The Peace Institute actively monitors current developments with regard to the refugee thematic, acting in various different ways: critically analyzing the situation at hand; presence on the ground, at the borders; writing public appeals; participating in public media debates. For more, click here.
The project aims at increasing the impact of civil society in developing public policies on media reforms in Macedonia.
Project’s overall goal is to defend and promote open society values, influence public opinion, break stereotypes about refugees and counter hate-speech arising from the current refugee situation.
The project explores the opportunities for activist engagement, especially in the context of increased relevance of ICTs and social networking.
To build a comprehensive look on how the technological and social convergence of the media based on digitisation (trans)form processes of mediatisation.
DIKE – Empowerment of LGBT Persons and NGOs for the Elimination of Systemic and Structural Discrimination of LGB People, Enhancement of Active Citizenship, Rule of Law, Democracy and Social Justice
One of the project activities is the analysis of legal framework that is dealing or should be dealing with the situation of same-sex couples in Slovenia.
Public statements | 29/10/2015
The call to the Prime Minister of Slovenia Miro Cerar by NGOs
We are extremely concerned that in such a situation Slovenia will become responsible not only for violation of Article 3 of the ECHR, but also of Article 2, which safeguards the right to life.
The White Paper, a document in five languages, contains an overview of all relevant fields of the EU law important for free movement of rainbow families.
Public service values in media and journalism are endangered and therefore need to be monitored and protected.
The author presents the critical views of women themselves, thereby unveiling the critical potential of plural life in Turkey.
Imagination Castrated: Critical Rethinking of the Civil Society (Organisation) in Contemporary Society
The publication brings together texts – the products of the debate on the civil society condition today.
Ours and Yours. On the History of Slovenian Newspaper Discourse of the 19th and Early 20th Centuries
"The story of the emergence of Slovenian newspapers in the broad sense is at the same the story of the emergence of the creation of Slovenian nationalism."
The book is about specific frameworks within or without which family practices of gays and lesbians can be lived and interpreted in different countries.