- The research work today is far from being dedicated to the issue of truth, it rather became an autopoietic function – of research itself.Vlasta Jalušić at the Round table of Free university about academic (in)equalityvideo
- Neoliberalism sees economic growth and technological innovations as the only means of social progress. It overlooks that in last century important social innovations were inspired by civil society movements for equality like feminism, antiracism, fight for human rights, movements for the rights of gays and lesbians and people with disabilities.Majda Hrženjak on the progressiveness of equality
- Opposite sex couples may marry on Saturdays in Ljubljana Castle, while same-sex couples may register on a weekday in some office in Mačkova street. This resembles the American racist policy which kept the whites in the front and the black in the back of the bus.Roman Kuhar on discrimination
- In the political arena citizenship education is often reduced to homeland education. The competence to judge political matters is reduced to stressing the Slovene ethnogenesis, which is a very problematic reduction of the idea of citizenship.Mojca Pajnik, MMC RTV SLO
- The complex phenomena of nationalism and racism necessitate, alongside their historical, socio-economic and geopolitical characteristics, analysing also their intertwining and interdependence in the present.Veronika Bajt on contemporary nationalism and racism
- In order to achieve a more even and equitable distribution of goods, capital, or food, development policies and strategies are not enough. It is necessary to ensure policy coherence in all areas that have any influence on the development field or the development of "developing countries".Maja Ladić on development policies
- The state must provide redress for all victims of erasure, regardless of their status in Slovenia – they were all erased illegally and their rights were violated.Katarina Vučko on remedying the violations of human rights of the erased persons of Slovenia
- If we want to change the existing inequalities between genders, gender equality must include all, women and men, by addressing different needs and specific situations of individuals.Živa Humer on gender equality
- Politics of emancipation exists only in the processes of proclaiming, declaring and performing that appear as active thought-practice which is at the same time and without mediation stated and implemented by its protagonist activist, militant and is a result of a universal thought, where all differences disintegrate or become completely irrelevant.Lana Zdravković on politics of emancipation
- For Slovenia, it's important to ratify the 1961 UN Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness. After all, in the past Slovenia as part of Yugoslavia as well as after declaring independence in 1991 contributed to statelessness with its then normative citizenship framework.Neža Kogovšek Šalamon on statelessness
- 29. 6. 2016
New book "Erased: Citizenship, Residence Rights and the Constitution in Slovenia"by dr. Neže Kogovšek Šalamon was published by Peter Lang Publishing Group.
- 22. 6. 2016
Enhancing the awareness on how changes in the legal framework and public policies may strengthen the linkage between SSE and the fight against poverty.
- 14. 6. 2016
Short video with Neža Kogovšek Šalamon about human rights in Slovenia and achievements of Peace institute in this field.
25th Anniversary of the Peace Institute
The Peace Institute originates from the new social movements that represented democratic, anti-nationalist and anti-racist political alternative in the former Yugoslavia in the 1980s. After twenty-five years of research and aspirations to equality, we would like to highlight the 25 diverse achievements in the numerous fields of our work.
The project addresses the problem of the criminalization of migration which is visible in the strengthening of border control institutions, confinement of irregular migrants in detention centres, antiterrorist laws,...
The Project is transnational and focuses on a broad definition of hate crime, which includes gender hostility, and hate offences motivated by race, religion, sexual orientation and disability.
The project aims at increasing the impact of civil society in developing public policies on media reforms in Macedonia.
Project’s overall goal is to defend and promote open society values, influence public opinion, break stereotypes about refugees and counter hate-speech arising from the current refugee situation.
Public statements | 29/10/2015
The call to the Prime Minister of Slovenia Miro Cerar by NGOs
We are extremely concerned that in such a situation Slovenia will become responsible not only for violation of Article 3 of the ECHR, but also of Article 2, which safeguards the right to life.
The goal is to present facts, explain changes in state policies and procedures used to “process” the refugees, and to analyse state, media and the general public’s responses.
The White Paper, a document in five languages, contains an overview of all relevant fields of the EU law important for free movement of rainbow families.
Public service values in media and journalism are endangered and therefore need to be monitored and protected.
The author presents the critical views of women themselves, thereby unveiling the critical potential of plural life in Turkey.
Imagination Castrated: Critical Rethinking of the Civil Society (Organisation) in Contemporary Society
The publication brings together texts – the products of the debate on the civil society condition today.
Ours and Yours. On the History of Slovenian Newspaper Discourse of the 19th and Early 20th Centuries
"The story of the emergence of Slovenian newspapers in the broad sense is at the same the story of the emergence of the creation of Slovenian nationalism."