Defending and strengthening the role of civil society and journalists in protecting democracy in Slovenia
Defending and strengthening the role of civil society and journalists in protecting democracy in Slovenia.
1) Defending watchdog role of civil society organisations and journalists in Slovenia and providing continuous support activities to strengthen the resilience of CSOs and journalists in Slovenia for countering restrictive policies, practices and narratives (e.g. online platform for reporting attacks on journalists, legal defense, alerting and engaging international community, exchange knowledge on resilience strategies with civil society and journalists from other countries etc.)
2) Building and sustaining broader cross-coalition of civil society organisations and initiatives.
3) Raising public awareness, recognition and support for the watchdog role of CSOs and journalists (e.g. positive blog, podcast mini-series 1, debates with resilience heroes etc.)
4) Countering polarisation of society through journalists’ training and guidelines on news reporting to promote dialogue, value pluralism, and counter polarisation.
5) Increasing ability of civil society and citizens to understand complex socio-economic issues on the national and European level relevant for rule of law and democracy protection – through investigative podcast format using the storytelling methodology (podcast mini-series 2).
- Lead partner: Peace Institute
- Partners: Slovenian Association of Journalists and Bottom Line (Pod črto)