MADE REAL – Making Alternatives to Detention in Europe a Reality by Exchanges, Advocacy and Learning

The objectives are to address the knowledge and implementation gap concerning alternatives to detention for asylum seekers in the EU, paying particular attention to vulnerable asylum seekers, to assist Member States in the transposition of the recast Reception Conditions Directive and to enhance the use of alternatives to detention complying with EU and international legal standards.


The project involves one Odysseus Network member and one partner NGO from each of the following states: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Malta, the Netherlands, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, UK.


Support at 90 % by the EU through the European Refugee Fund 2012, the remaining 10 % is secured by the Odysseus Network and partner NGOs (co-financing from the network members is not required).