Maja Breznik, PhD
Maja Breznik is a researcher at the Faculty of Arts (University of Ljubljana) and at the Peace Institute, as well as a docent of cultural history. She received her Doctorate degree from sociology at the Faculty of Arts in 2001. She is a member of many research projects at Peace Institute in the field of sociology of culture. From 2002 to 2004, she was a researcher at the Department of sociology (University of Padua). She is the author and co-author of the following books: Artisanry and Erudition. The Topography of Renaissance Theatre (Koper/Capodistria, Annales, 2003), Cultural Revisionism (Ljubljana, Mirovni inštitut, 2004), Book culture (Ljubljana, UMco, 2005), and Culture Ltd. (Ljubljana, Mirovni inštitut, 2006). She is the author of many articles about cultural history, sociology of culture and cultural politics.
Transcontinental Cooperation in Addressing Labour Conditions and Labour Relations in the Times of Economic Crisis and Social Reforms
The goal of this initiative is to propose an integrated approach to improve the material, social and political situation of workers in non-standard labor conditions.
- Transnationalisation of eldercare – diversities, recruitments, inequalities (TE-DRI)
- Equality and human rights in times of global governance
- Segmentation of non-standard employment in Slovenia
- A Model of E-Publishing in the Public Interest and Comparison With Some
- Transcontinental Cooperation in Addressing Labour Conditions and Labour Relations in the Times of Economic Crisis and Social Reforms
- Electronic Publishing of Scientific and Literary Reviews
- The Efficient Public Support for the Book Publishing in Slovenia
- The Management of Copyright on the Internet – the Public Institutions’ Perspective
- Comparative Analysis of the Development of Culture in Selected European Cities
- The Management of Author’s and Related Rights in the Digital Environment
- The Humanities and Social Sciences on the Periphery: Sciences or Technocratic Instruments?
- Transformations of Culture in the Context of Changing General Economic Policies
- The Humanities and Social Sciences on the Periphery: Sciences or Technocratic Instruments? (International conference)
- Reading Cultures in the Newly Established Publishing Conditions: Empirical Findings, Analysis of Situation, and Proposals for the Develpoment of Publishing Policies
Extracting the concepts of class structure, co-exploitation, surplus exploitation and unfree wage labour.
- Wage work. Critique of theories of precarity
- Article Organized memory and popular remembering: The encounter of Yugonostalgia theories with socialism
- Article Workers’ Struggles in Post-Socialist Slovenia: Between Trade Union Strategies and Worker Stratification in the Workplace
- Totalitarianism, History of the debate
- The chains of global capitalism / Verige globalnega kapitalizma
- Public Debt: Who Owes Whom
- The Culture of Books
- Culture Ltd. Material Conditions of Cultural Production
- Cultural Revisionism. Culture between Neo-liberalism and Social Responsibility
- Cultural Policy of Slovenia and the EU
- Reading Culture in the New Publishing Conditions