Mojca Frelih, MA
Mojca Frelih (MA in Sociology, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia) is a researcher within various (inter)national projects at the Peace Institute since 2003. Her research fields are: sociological phenomena with an emphasis on the feminist theory, gender mainstreaming, equality of gender, equal opportunities and gender relations, (anti)discrimination, migration, labour market, reconciliation of work and family life balance, contemporary citizenship etc. She was a leader of many workshops, she conducted many interviews and performed other research tasks within different international research projects. From 2003-2012 she was a coordinator of the East East Beyond Borders Program (Open Society Foundations) within which she gained a lot of experience with organization, coordination and financial management. She gained more financial and managing experience when she replaced a managing director of the Peace Institute (from June 2007 to June 2008 and then from November 2009 to December 2010).
- Sušnik, Mojca (2006): Konflikt v izbranih konceptih in praksah sodobnega državljanstva. Magistrsko delo. Fakulteta za družbene vede, Ljubljana.
- Humer, Živa, Sušnik, Mojca. November 2004. »Politika enakih možnosti žensk in moških brez medijske pozornosti« (»Politics of the Equal Opportunities of Women and Men without Media Coverage«). In: Medijska preža (Media Watch Journal), Mirovni inštitut (Peace Institute), Ljubljana, p. 47 – 48.
- Sušnik, Mojca (2004): »Second Wave Feminist Groups in Slovenia (1980- 1995)«. V: Knežević, Đurđa, Dilić, Koraljka (ed.) (2004): Women and Politics: Contemporary Women’s/Feminist Movements in Post-Communist Countries – 10 Years After. Ženska infoteka, Zagreb, Croatia, str. 199 – 209.
- Jalušič, Vlasta (ed.), Sušnik, Mojca (ed.). 2003. Contemporary Citizenship: the Politics of Exclusion and Inclusion II: (Is There a Chance for a Post-national Citizenship?) Collection of Abstracts. Peace Institute, Ljubljana. 54 p.
- Sušnik, Mojca (2001): Političnost feminizma in feministično gibanje v Sloveniji. Diplomska naloga. Fakulteta za družbene vede, Ljubljana.
- Aleksić, Jelena, Sušnik, Mojca (1999): “Nevladne organizacije pri stanovanjski oskrbi ranljivih skupin”. V: Mandič, Srna (ur.) (1999): Pravica do stanovanja. Visoka šola za socialno delo, Ljubljana.
Whole bibliography (Cobiss).
The project focuses on fathers in precarious forms of employment and fathers at managerial positions at the point of work-life balance, and addresses employers with implementation of ‘fathers-friendly’ measures...
- Voices of immigrant women
- Occupational risks in sex work at the intersections of policy framework and social stigma (ORIS)
- Action Dad
- Equality and human rights in times of global governance
- Men in Care. Workplace support for caring masculinities (MiC)
- Political and Media Populism: “Refugee crisis” in Slovenia and Austria
- Play It for Change – raising awareness and empowerment of girls and boys for the prevention of gender based violence through audio – visual media and music (PfC)
- European Minimum Income Network 2 (EMIN2)
- Boys in Care – Strengthening boys to pursue care occupations (BiC)
- Masculinities, equality, care practices – MESP
- The Winning Jumps of Some Employed Fathers
- Workshops on hate speech, media and migration
- Comparing Croatian and Slovenian Prostitution Regimes
- MEET, Media Education for Equity and Tolerance
- GEAR: Global Education and Active Response for the Protection of Human Rights, Inclusion and Democratic Values in Intercultural Societies
- Crimmigration between Human Rights and Surveillance
- Gender differentiation in media industry
- Communication Practices in the Context of Social Uprising and Requests for Public Accountability
- Fathers and Employers in Action – ODA
- Responding to Hate Speech – Activation of an Independent Conjunctive Body (ACT)
- Care Work Between Individualization, Globalization and Socialization
- Gender and the Media
- Effective Activism in Slovenia – A Bilateral Exchange of Croatian and Slovenian Activists
- The Voice of Research Administrators – Building a Network of Administrative Excellence
- Hate Speech and Populist Othering in Europe Through the Racism, Age, Gender Looking Glass – RAGE
- Rights on the Move – Rainbow Families in Europe
- E-Engagement Against Violence
- Prospects for Desegmentation of Labour market
- Study Visit of Macedonian Editors in Ljubljana
- Comparing Media Reforms
- The Power of Alternative Media: Experiences from South-Eastern Europe
- Civil Society: Substance or Substitute
- Homophobia in Schools in Eastern Europe
- Questioning Transitional Dynamics in Re-defining Cultural Identities in South Eastern Europe (EE conference)
- SIAPREM – Support for Intersectional Approach in Antidiscrimination Programs for Roma, Migrants and Elderly
- The Role of Non-Governmental Organisations and Volunteers in Protection of Children’s Rights and Human Rights
- Changing Social Organization of Care and its Implications for Social Politics
- LGBT – Families: The New Minority?
- A Long Way Home – Media and Political Discourses on the EU Integration of the »Western Balkans«
- Developing Media Criticism Capacity in Mongolia
- Migrant labour: Contested integration, prospects for citizenship
- PRIME – Anti-Discrimination Training for Media and Equality
- GemTrEx – Professionalizing Gender Trainers & Experts in Adult Education
- Development Partnership SIPA – System of Domestic Help (EQUAL)
- Gender Meets Reality: Exchange of Experiences, Methods and Strategies for Gender Mainstreaming and Gender Trainings in Different Policy Fields
- International seminar: Participation Opportunities: Perspectives for Inclusion of Marginalized Groups
- MAGEEQ: Policy Frames and Implementation Problems: the Case of Gender Mainstreaming
- Conflict Resolution in Community
- Conflict Resolution in the Community, REKOS Group
The monograph tackles problematic relations between the labour market and fatherhood.